Monday, December 24, 2018

Lemon Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies


Photo from Redbook Magazine
I promised that I would share the recipe for these lemon thumbprint cookies, new to our cookie trays this year.  I had seen a photo of these fabulous-looking cookies on Instagram, posted by @rachelmaebakes.  I messaged Rachel (who has a home baking business) and asked if she would be willing to share the recipe.

Rachel kindly sent me the link to the recipe, and I will share it with all of you: Lemon Thumbprint Cookies.  Mr. T baked a batch on Friday and oh, are these delicious!  Rachel makes her own homemade lemon curd for these and I'm sure it is fantastic, but I used the purchased lemon curd.  I got the Bonne Maman brand at Wal*Mart, and it was only 3.99 (or less; I can't remember) for a good-sized jar that will fill 2 batches of cookies, I think.  I used 1/2 teaspoon of lemon curd in each cookie, which doesn't sound like much but really, it is just the right amount. 

These are much easier than they look, so I hope you will try baking a batch!

2 comments:

  1. I always make the raspberry thumbprint cookies, lemon would be a good change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, these are scrumptious! I highly recommend trying them!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!