Monday, December 03, 2018

Sweet Christmas greetings


I just had to share these adorable images from vintage Christmas cards!  These were recently listed in my Etsy shop, A New Hampshire Attic, -- and one of them is already sold -- but they are just too cute not to share here.

This freckle faced boy is skating along exuberantly with his puppy at his side.  I love his red sweater and his red, white and green scarf.

Then there is this sweet, sweet little ballet dancer.

The details on this card are amazing!  Look at the holly in her hair and at her wrists, and all of the sugar plums scattered at her feet.  There's even a candy topiary with a candy stick serving as the trunk for the topiary tree.

So cute!  These are the type of cards that my grandmother would have sent to the kids in my family, back in the day.

It is silly to keep these stashed in a box somewhere when a collector of such sweet ephemera could be enjoying and displaying them!


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!