Tuesday, December 18, 2018

An idea to consider for Christmas breakfast


Photo from Taste of Home
As I mentioned yesterday, most of the ladies brought food to the Christmas brunch this past Saturday.  I decided early on to take a cranberry coffeecake, but had been uncertain what to bring for an egg dish -- we were keeping it to easy-to-eat foods that might require only the use of fingers or a fork.

One day while walking with my friend, we were talking about Christmas breakfast,  and she mentioned a recipe she had tried and liked, made in a 13x9 pan.  When she brought me a copy of the recipe the next day, she had also clipped to it this recipe: Amazing Muffin Cups.

Instantly I knew what I would bring to the brunch.  These are so good!  There's a hash brown crust and then an egg filling made with sausage, cheese and chopped red pepper.  I left out the chives because I didn't have any, but it certainly would help to add a Christmasy touch.   Using some red and some green pepper would achieve the same effect.

The recipe calls for link sausages, cut up, but I made my own bulk sausage using ground turkey and then cooked it prior to using in the egg filling.

I doubled the batch to make 24 muffin cups for the brunch, though in retrospect 12 would have been plenty.  There was SO much food there.  So many choices!

This is a delicious recipe that I'm likely to make again and again.  If you're looking for something a little different for Christmas breakfast, may I suggest Amazing Muffin Cups?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delish and easy...much quicker way to get everything on the table for a crowd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very delicious, Vee! I will be making these again.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this! I’m going to make it for our Christmas morning brunch. My siblings and I and some friends and cousins all get together at Nita’s on Christmas morning. We eat and have a Chinese Christmas tree. These will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the recipe came out well for you, Linda! We enjoyed it a lot.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!