Tuesday, July 21, 2020

A festive gift to sew


I always love finding ideas for easy gifts to sew.  One of my favorite ways to find ideas for my Christmas blog is to go back over unread or previously read emails from years ago.  (I subscribe to many blogs by email.)  Often I find some great Christmas blog fodder this way.

This pretty flannel scarf is no exception.  It's by Jeran at Oleander + Palm: Plaid Cowl Neck Scarf.
Photo from Jeran at Oleander + Palm

I originally saw this idea in a blog post by Kim at Everything Etsy: 21 Plaid Inspired DIY Gifts.  This sweet scarf was only one of them, but it surely took my eye.  You might like to check out the entire post for other wonderful ideas.

I'm definitely going to try making some of these.  I think I'll start by making one in a lighter weight material to use in summer or fall, then use up some of my flannel stash in making more for gifts.  I think several of my granddaughters might enjoy these.  Two adult scarves can be made from just one yard of fabric, and Jeran also gives measurements for making scarves for kids and toddlers.

Have fun with this idea ... I plan to!

4 comments:

  1. It is, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cowl scarves, so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea... I've been corcheting some cowls for Christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!