Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Recipe to try for Christmas breakfast!

Photo from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

I'm always on the lookout for potential Christmas breakfast or brunch recipes.  This one from Jamie Sanders at  Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom sounds just about perfect.  How could you go wrong with something called Biscuits and Gravy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole?

Jamie says that her dad prepares this dish for Thanksgiving breakfast, but I think it could be even more perfect for Christmas breakfast.  The recipe looks a lot quicker and easier than I would have thought, and it only includes 6 ingredients!  Buttermilk biscuit dough,  sausage, eggs, cheese, milk, and peppered gravy mix (or 2 cups of homemade). 

An important point for me with breakfast casseroles, especially for special breakfasts like Easter or Christmas or a potluck brunch at church, is whether or not they can be assembled the night before.  This one can!  And it can also be made ahead and frozen.

If we get a cool day (or special guests for brunch!) in July, you can be sure I'll be trying this one out.

7 comments:

  1. And if you do, today is kinda coolish, let us know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed kinda coolish! We had quite the thunderstorm earlier (hail, torrential rain!) and I guess the potential for thunderstorms is there all day. I'd need to run out for three of the ingredients, so probably not today as far as the casserole is concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need make-ahead casserole recipes for NY's day but here we do not eat biscuits and gravy so I would have to taste it beforehand to see if we'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this recipe but I am particular about biscuits and gravy and I dont want scrambled eggs mixed in with mine.lol I might like it with no eggs. I have a breakfast pizza recipe that I enjoy making for guests. You are right about being able to put it together the night before!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love breakfast casseroles and am always on the lookout for a new recipe to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recipe sounds good. We need rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything with biscuits and gravy is a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!