Tuesday, July 18, 2023

7-Up Punch!

 


Here is a fun vintage advertisement that just might inspire a beverage option (or 3) for your holiday entertaining!  The advertising blurb reads, "Which one will it be?  They're all delicious tasting.  And they're all different.  But they have this in common: 7-Up -- that gets them off to the best possible start.  Seven-Up -- with the fresh, clean taste that accents (never covers!) the flavors of the other ingredients.  Seven-Up -- that adds the sparkle.  Spring a surprise on your holiday crowd ... Remember!  You'll want plenty of 7-Up for drinking 'as is', too!"

And, as you look at these recipes, you'll see that you will also want plenty of 7-Up for filling ice cube trays -- for two of the recipes require 2 trays of 7-up "ice cubes" each.

The first is 7-Up Red Satin punch.  It calls for apple juice and cranberry juice in addition to 7-Up.



 Next, Santa's 7-Up Surprise looks interesting. It calls for pineapple juice, orange juice, 7-Up, maraschino cherries, and --- peppermint extract?!  Just not sure about that combination.

And lastly, there is 7-Up Evergreen Bowl, which is pretty and calls for only 2 simple ingredients -- 7-Up, and lime sherbet!

This ad is from 1962 -- so, over sixty years ago!  These punch recipes do still sound good,  so you may wish to file them away for December use -- or, try them out now, in summer!  But I think I would skip the peppermint extract.

6 comments:

  1. My favorite go-to punch uses Ginger Ale instead of 7-up, Pineapple Juice, Cranberry Juice, and Lime Sherbet (or you can use Rainbow Sherbet for added flavor). I do like the orange/pineapple flavored punch too, but yeah, I would never think of adding peppermint. I would put orange sherbet in it instead. Thank you for sharing these punch recipes. I just made the Lime Sherbet punch recently for a baby shower. It was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Pam! I remember as a young teen going to an anniversary open house with my mother. It was around Christmas time, I think and I was so entranced by the Lime Sherbet punch they served. I had never seen anything like it. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green punch looks good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? And so easy!

      Delete
  4. My mom used to use Hawaiian Punch with 7-up for our holiday punch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun memory! Most punch I remember growing up was Hawaiian Punch with ginger ale. I bet 7-up would be even better!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!