Wednesday, July 19, 2023

What a fun handmade coaster idea!

 

Amazing project and photo from Ashley at SimplyDesigning.net

 This is an idea I've had saved for Christmas in July for some time.   It's a fun drink coaster made from a cork coaster with slices of colored pencil glued to it.  Ashley shared the project -- Colored Pencil Drink Coaster -- in 2015, so you can see that I've had it awhile.  

It looks as if the most time-consuming and difficult part of this project is sawing the colored pencils into slices.  If I make these, I will assign that part of the production to my wonderful and handy hubby.

And I really want to make two of these.  My teenage granddaughters are really into writing, and these would be perfect gifts for them, perhaps with a special mug each.

You can sort of glimpse Emily's "I Am a Writer" T-shirt in the photo above, and Julia loves writing as much as she loves books.  In fact, at the time this was taken last summer, they were both participating in a writing challenge to write 100 words a day for 100 days.  And they talked me into joining them!  Maybe I should make a coaster for myself, as well.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!