Sunday, July 30, 2023

One more poem: "A Christmas Song"

 


Here is one last poem as Christmas in July begins to draw to a close.  This is another that I found in a vintage Christmas Ideals magazine, and is by a favorite poet, Mildred L. Jarrell.

A CHRISTMAS SONG

Joyfully upon the air
There comes a sweet refrain,
For carols bring the message
That it's Christmastime again.

Music ringing round the town
Proclaims the Savior's birth,
Filling hearts with hope anew
Of peace to men on earth.

Harken to the angels' song;
Let earth receive her King;
Filled with spirit, loud and strong,
Lift up your voice and sing.

Keep in your heart a Christmas song,
And let the words convey
The message of the carols
To all men this Christmas day.

-- Mildred L. Jarrell

This just conjures up images from vintage Christmas carol books, don't you think? The one at top seems to fit particularly well here.


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!