Monday, July 22, 2013

My "Vintage Christmas" Pinterest board


Vintage Woman's Day magazine from my collection -- notice the price of 7¢
For today I am featuring another of my Pinterest boards, Vintage Christmas.  I am probably one of the more nostalgic people you will ever meet.  When I look at images of cards, decorations, ornaments, even jewelry, from the 1950s and early 1960s, I am instantly transported to my childhood ... a less complicated, more innocent, seemingly much happier world than that in which my grandchildren are growing up today.

So it's not surprising I would create a Pinterest board for a Vintage Christmas.  The things I've pinned may not all be truly vintage.  I'm sure that some are reproductions and that others are new with a vintage feel to them.  My major criteria for pinning anything to this board is that it reminds me of my childhood Christmases.  If you enjoy nostalgia and if your childhood Christmases were something like mine, you will no doubt find some happy memories on this board.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Vintage Christmas ... that is so nice! really is magical

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Luludou! I have fun adding to this board from time to time as I come across things that would fit there. I just love almost all things Christmas, but the vintage style things hold a special place in my heart and memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!