Thursday, December 31, 2020

It's been fun!


 Yes, it's been fun checking in here every day this December!  Even though many days I just had time to quickly stop in here before going to bed, it was still good to touch base with you all and let you know what Christmasy things we'd been up to that day.

Vicki asked if we could tally up all of the Christmas cookies Mr. T and I have baked this season, and I will really try to do that, Vicki.  It would be interesting to know, wouldn't it?  I always try to post about what cookies actually got baked (as opposed to the tentative baking list) and when I do that, I'll try to add a rough total of cookies baked.

This Christmas season I did a bit more crafting than in previous years, in part because of some special requests.  Longtime readers may remember the year that I made these:

for all of the siblings in our Nevada family -- five, at the time.

Fast-forward to this past fall when all of the other siblings did a photo shoot with capes and shields and one little girl didn't have a shield, not having been born when the other kids received theirs.

My daughter strongly hinted that if I had time to make one gift for Jerusha, it ought to be a shield.  (That's one of the mysterious "sewed gifts" I've been alluding to.)  The shield was finished and theoretically there was time for it to get to Nevada by Christmas. However, none of our gifts arrived on time!  

Yesterday, UPS finally delivered the goods, and no time was lost in sending photos to Grammy.  

I'm seriously hoping and planning to do Christmas crafting all year round in 2021, and to post my progress here on a regular basis!  See you all soon.

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your posts, no matter what season, but your December posts are like a mini-celebration each day! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you, Vicki, a little late! I'm getting ready to start working on a few December posts now for 2021.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!