Monday, December 07, 2020

Down Candy Cane Lane

 

For fun, I borrowed a few questions from Joyce's Hodgepodge at .From This Side of the Pond this past week. Some of the questions lent themselves to being turned into blog posts, so here goes with the first one.

 Do you like peppermint? Peppermint mocha, a candy cane, peppermint bark, peppermint tea, York Peppermint Pattie, peppermint ice cream...of the peppermint treats listed, which one is your favorite? Will you bake anything featuring peppermint this holiday season? 

I do like peppermint, very much. Peppermint mocha ... a lovely flavor combination.  The peppermint mocha coffee creamer is so delicious, but so very unhealthy that I don't buy it anymore.  If I encounter it at someone's home, however, I will use it.

 Candy canes are not my favorite candy, but I do love their festive look and flavor.

 Peppermint bark ... yes, it's scrumptious.  I have made this for kitchen gifts a few times in the past.

Peppermint tea ... my hubby and I love Candy Cane Lane by Celestial Seasonings.  A few years back I tried White Christmas (from Stash, I think) which is a white tea with peppermint that I found very tasty.  I don't like plain peppermint tea, though.

 York Peppermint Patties ... yes, those are wonderful.  Ever made the brownies that have a layer of the peppermint patties in the middle?

I'm not really into peppermint ice cream, but I surely wouldn't turn down a dish of it drizzled with hot fudge sauce.

Yes, it's quite likely I'll bake something featuring peppermint this holiday season.  It's a flavor that simply says "Merry Christmas"!

1 comment:

  1. I do not care for Peppermint. I use candy canes for decor, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!