Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Christmas cards for special people

 

Nowadays it doesn't seem as common -- but back in the day, there were Christmas cards for various people in one's life -- relatives especially, but also neighbors, friends -- and even people who had Christmas birthdays!  I thought it might be fun today to feature a few of those special cards, some of which have sold and others which are currently listed in my Etsy shop.  At the top of the post you see a lovely card for an aunt.

You could send your nephew a Santa's pack full of dimes!

For a Christmas birthday!

For a wonderful teacher.

 
For a swell boy

For nice neighbors ...

For a nice family ....

For Mother

Oh, the cards for little girls!  I believe the artist on these two may have been the inimitable Marjorie Cooper.


There's even a card for someone nice!

And two more for little girls.
I'm sure I have more, but here are just a few examples.  Hope you've enjoyed this look at some of the sweet and thoughtful Christmas cards from yesteryear!

2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage Christmas cards! They are so sweet and innocent and lovely. How wonderful you still have them!! Have a very Merry and sweet Old Fashioned Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they, Pam? Sweet and innocent and lovely is a perfect description! 🎄😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!