Thursday, December 09, 2021

Displaying the new project

 


Yesterday I described framing a gift bag to create a new decorative Christmas picture.


I mentioned that I planned to use it in decorating, though I really didn't know where.  Below, you can see what I ended up doing.  In our living room we have a cabinet that used to be office furniture at my parents'.  It has a shelf above and bookshelves behind doors below.  I often display things on the top of this unit.

I had arranged a few Christmasy items here but wasn't quite sure how I liked the arrangement.  I started with a mini Christmas runner I had sewed from a fabric scrap years ago

A detail from the sweet runner fabric!


and had placed the cute little jar scene

 

 atop it.  

I placed the lantern with tea light to the right.  

On the left I had put a tin and wood house atop a round of wood.  It looked fine but seemed to be missing something.

Enter my new "I'll Be Home for Christmas" art.  I took away the house, moved the wood round to beneath the jar scene, and placed the new framed piece where the house had been.  

 

What a difference!  I love this little Christmas display now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!