Saturday, December 11, 2021

A few photos from Friday

 

Yesterday we got together with four of our local grands for a fun day, much of it taking place right here at our house.  I'll only share a few photos now in the interest of having a December 11 post here in the Christmas kitchen, and will hope to write a more detailed post for Monday, likely on my Kitchen Table blog.

We ate breakfast together, which I failed to get any photos of.  Then the boys got the lights on the tree, and we spent the rest of the morning decorating, making fudge and candy, and working on a simple craft.

Ari stirring Rocky Road fudge

Julia preparing to place Rocky Road in the pan; Ari scraping a chocolaty saucepan

Josiah measuring sugar for Creamsicle fudge as Sam looks on

Oops!  No yellow food coloring, so we couldn't turn the Creamsicle fudge orange!  Green to the rescue; we'll pretend it's lime.

Julia, Ari and Josiah working on crafts

 It was certainly a festive mess around our house yesterday, but we all had a good time!

Around 1 pm we headed out for Kellerhaus, a favorite traditional Christmas destination of ours, for the ice cream buffet.  Photo is from a previous year, but it is no less magical today.

After getting home, we cut and packaged the fudge and other candy so they could take a good portion of it home.  While Mr. T and I worked at this, the kids finished up their craft projects.

And that was our Friday!  What a wonderful day it was!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds perfect! How wonderful to have your Grandchildren close enough to do these things together, making memories with the Grandfolks. What a blessing. I bet that fudge, etc. was great, even the green stuff! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam! Of course 7 of our grandchildren are out west, so we don't get to do Christmasy things with them. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!