Saturday, December 18, 2021

Strictly ornamental

 

Over at my regular blog, I shared how, unbelievably, Mr. T and I were able to spend the night at our little camp on Thursday night.  Staying in a mostly uninsulated building in mid-December is just not something we'd thought of as being possible.  But it worked out, due to mild temperatures overnight.  

I was thankful that a week or so before,  we had done a little Christmas decorating there.  It made it seem much more cozy.  In this post I'm just going to share some of the ornaments we put up.  There are more, but Mr. T didn't get a photo of each one.

The windows at the camp all have a system of hooks and eyes to hold the hinged windows open during the summer.  Granddaughter Julia had the great idea of hanging an ornament from each hook!

Made from a foam ball and fabric scraps

This felt skater has paper clip skates.

Got this from an Etsy shop, Treasures with a Twist, a couple years ago and love it!

I embroidered this one in the 1980s -- it's an Erica Wilson design featuring Beatrix Potter's art

This snowflake ornament is hanging from one of the kitchen cabinets.  It's perfect there!

Hope you've enjoyed this little peek at our Christmasy camp!  Check out my Kitchen Table blog to see more.

4 comments:

  1. Fun fun fun. I love all the ornaments. Perfect for the camp! I'm sitting here watching Maine Cabin Masters while I read this and getting inspired for camp living. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed seeing these ornaments, Pam!

      I have had others tell me how much they enjoy Maine Cabin Masters. We don't have TV at home, so will have to check this show out next time we stay in a hotel.

      Delete
  2. Oh I had not realized that you stayed over! What a nice getaway...so cozy and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed we did stay over! Cozy and sweet it certainly was.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!