Friday, December 17, 2021

Scenes from Bethlehem

 

I don't think that I have ever featured Nativity-themed Christmas cards, so I thought I would share a few Bethlehem scenes from my personal collection and my Etsy shop.  I'll just share scans and simple captions and hope you will enjoy seeing these vintage treasures.

I know, the wise men weren't at the manger.  But I had to include this gorgeous card.  The colors in the saddle blankets are amazing.

Love the colors in this one.

This little woodland nativity is so sweet!

From a Christmas carol book

Also from a vintage carol book

Page from a vintage carol book I got from somewhere

This shepherd scene is in the center of a snowflake-shaped card

Hope these vintage images have been a blessing to you!

2 comments:

  1. A Dickens-style Christmas is more appealing to me. As a child, I truly disliked any cards that showed palm trees or wisemen. Silly me. I like old homes with greens adorning the windows, mailboxes, paths, carolers, and lighted windows. I have rarely chosen madonnas and plump babies as my Christmas stamp and Christmas cards lean toward a Dickens-style. Of these selections, the woodland nativity is my favorite. At least the card creators were thinking of the true meaning of Christmas. Today, that may be difficult to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Biblical themed Christmas cards are just not my favorites. I don't even like the nativity themed Christmas stamps! 😯

    I like the same sorts of scenes as you and am especially drawn to scenes with mailboxes and lighted windows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!