Tuesday, December 07, 2021

A fun vintage addition to my Etsy shop

 

Recently I listed some fun vintage handmades to my Etsy shop, A New Hampshire Attic.  These are some felt mitten ornaments (or maybe they are package toppers) that I came across in my cleaning out of the old homestead.  They would also be a nifty way to give a gift of cash or to package very small gifts.  


 These mittens are about 4 3/4 inches long and about 3 inches across at the widest point.  They were handmade by an elderly lady in the 1980s and gifted to a child or children, probably with candy canes tucked inside.  They're made of felt and hand-stitched together, probably with embroidery floss. 

 The decorations on each one are simply inexpensive stickers, and I have no idea how they have stayed in place, stored in the variable temperatures of an attic, for all these years.

It's really amazing that these mittens have held up so well over time.  The only issue is that the felt hanging loops are a bit wrinkly.

 There are a couple of stockings, as well.   We will see how these do in the shop.  Meanwhile, they might be a fun little project to try yourself if you enjoy working with felt!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!