Thursday, December 16, 2021

Christmasy progress as of today

 

Lots of festive things happening in the Christmas kitchen and in other rooms of the house too.  Here's a rundown of happenings lately:

πŸŽ„  Mr. T has finished baking nearly every cookie on the tentative baking list.   The only other variety on the list is my Christmas no-bakes, which I top with a half marshmallow, some melted chocolate and crushed candy canes.  He prefers that I do these, which is fine.  I may make some cut-out cookies and possibly my mother's date-oatmeal cookies, just for old times' sake.  We will see.

πŸŽ„ Three candies on the tentative candy list are completed, plus some that weren't on the list.

πŸŽ„ Nearly all of our gifts are now purchased or ordered, and quite a few are wrapped.

πŸŽ„ I ordered materials last evening for some last-minute crafted gifts that I need to make.

πŸŽ„  I made a double batch of granola today for a friend who's having a houseful of family over Christmas.

πŸŽ„The last boxes for Nevada are packed and will go out today.

 πŸŽ„  The Christmas tree is now completely decorated and is looking good.


I'm sure there is more, but that is a good update for now.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. I am okay with having just hubs and I for the holiday, it's more the way that it came about that has me rattled. I am trying to let that part go. I have not done much baking at all, but my younger daughter will be here a few days before Christmas and she has been baking up a storm and will share. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! As I recall, those date oatmeal combinations are especially tasty. Your tree is perfectly located in your beautiful picture window. I decorated mine with candy canes. Good enough! πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Vee! Candy canes are lovely against the green branches.

    Yes, dates were considered such a festive flavor back in the day. My mom always topped her date oatmeal cookies with a candied cherry half. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!