Saturday, December 04, 2021

Tentative candy list for 2021

 

Lastly for my Christmas kitchen planning, I make a separate candy list.  Above is the one for this year.  I jotted down a couple of extra ideas -- the ones with the question marks -- because I am thinking we may possibly make some Christmas candy with some of the grandkids.

Double Decker Fudge (aka Heavenly Delight, in our family), is a layered chocolate-peanut butter fudge that is a huge favorite in our family.  

 I mentioned Special Holiday Fudge, with nuts and raisins, yesterday.  It tastes somewhat like an old-fashioned Chunky bar.  Arlene's Easy Fudge is another favorite of ours. 

The  Chocolate-Dipped Orange Slices

have become a must for our family and friends.  I like to add them to a cookie tray for interest. 

I don't have a photo of the Date-Nut Casserole Cookies, but they are much more of a candy than a cookie -- a confection, you might say.  The batter is baked in a casserole, cooled slightly and rolled into balls, dipped in sugar.   Essentially, date balls.

If you have more than one type of candy that you like to make, or candy recipes that you think you might try,  you will likely want to make a candy list too.  And again, look those recipes over to see what ingredients you might need, and add those ingredients to your shopping list to be sure that you have them on hand. 

 And you may need to replenish them as the season goes on.  Mr. T had made 3 batches of Heavenly Delight before December even dawned -- and so now we need to buy more chocolate and peanut butter chips!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!