Friday, December 09, 2022

Christmas recipes featuring oranges


 Yesterday I promised that I would share some festive orange recipes today.  Some of these I've shared before, but others are new.  There's something about oranges, or chocolate and orange together that just says Christmas!

Chocolate Dipped Orange Candy Slices are such a fun and easy homemade candy.  We make them most every year!  The store brand orange slice candy that I buy is naturally flavored.  Amazing!


 Chocolate Orange Cookies sound so scrumptious.  I have linked to the recipe before here in my Christmas Kitchen, and I thought I had actually tried this recipe, but I find no evidence of it.  So an orange has gone onto my shopping list, along with the candy orange slices that I need for dipping.  The chocolate orange cookies will be one of the cookies I choose to personally bake.  (My hubby has done most of the cookie baking.)

I was sure I had seen a recipe for chocolate orange muffins somewhere, but I had to go looking.  These Marbled Chocolate Orange Muffins sound amazing, and the recipe makes a large quantity of muffins.   They would make a lovely kitchen gift this Christmas!  The recipe, as well as the photo below is from Sweetie'n'Salty Shoppe.

 


And lastly -- this year I found a recipe for Easy Orange Spice Turkish Delight that I am eager to try.  It has such a "Narnia" sound to it!  The recipe (and photo) is from Heather Baird at Sprinkle Bakes.  It was posted in 2015, so I am late getting to this party.  And also, it calls for the use of a microwave, and we recently got rid of ours.  But I may look up a similar recipe elsewhere and see if I can figure out a stovetop method.  Doesn't this Turkish Delight look magical?

 
Do you think you'll make any orange or chocolate-orange treats this Christmas?


2 comments:

  1. Please let us know how they turn out. I am not sure about that combination, but then again I am not a big chocolate eater as I seem to have some kind of allergy to it...makes me nauseous, and yet I love it when I eat it...it's just the aftermath I don't like. TMI. LOL. We do have an orange cookie recipe that we make each year, although not always at Christmas unless a lot of family are coming. It was my mother's special recipe and she would always make these cookies when the family/grandchildren were coming. So now we try to keep that tradition going. I think you can find a recipe in my sidebar of pages: "It's Recipe Thyme: My Mother's Recipes". It is definitely a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't; however, I am watching a Christmas baking show and orange features prominently in what they are baking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!