Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Nostalgic Christmas card scenes

 

As I work with vintage Christmas cards nearly every day, I often find that there are just some scenes I'd like to climb right into and be a part of.  The scene above is one.  The church, the Christmas tree in the town square, the folks at the church door and the sleighs converging in the street -- there is just so much in this scene that I love!  I guess I was not the only one who felt this way about it, for it sold soon after being listed.

Here are a few more:

I'd love to be one of the skaters!

This reminds me of my grandmother's house.

Heading through the covered bridge to the lighted church ...

This sunset scene, with birches in the foreground, evergreens by the house, mountains in the background, is pure New England!


 Let's sit by the fire and share a cup of tea or coffee while we admire the Christmas greenery and tree!

I'm sure this Christmas card by artist Fred Swan pictures an actual home in Vermont.  One that I'd love to visit!

Heading with other villagers to church for the Christmas Eve service!

And isn't this mountain village beautiful?  I especially love the tree at far left and the one to the right of the church.

Wouldn't you like to be part of one of these lovely scenes?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I would love to be a part of those scenes. I love the vintage Christmas scenes, especially the ones with little white churches and people going to church and sleigh riding, skating, etc. All of the above. That is my idyllic vision of Christmas...and here I sit in Florida where there is no snow, no ice skating or sleigh riding...Sometime I just need to come back up to New England for Christmas. We did go up one year to see our son and family in December, and we stayed over at Nordic Village in Jackson, NH, which is a beautiful place. We took the sleigh ride at Nestlenook Farm, and it was so wonderful. I used to actually work at Nordic Village back in the day when we lived up there, so I had some connections there to give us some discounts, but that is long gone now. Anyway, it is a beautiful place in winter. Thank you for this nostalgic look back at the beauty of Christmas and winter in beautiful New England. I enjoyed this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenes! In the first, I can imagine myself in the cozy, warm house looking out upon the sleigh and the people gathering in the church yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I think that is where they got the scenes for the Hallmark Christmas movies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!