Thursday, December 22, 2022

This year's Christmas mini-miracle

 


 It seems like every Christmas season there is at least one mini-miracle that occurs.  I'm sure there are actually many more that we just don't recognize.  But here is one from this season.

Last year we tried tweaking our annual Christmas tradition with four of our local grands.  Above you see a photo from that event.  Of the candy recipes we tried, we were disappointed with a couple of them.  In the linked post above, I declared:

Did you catch that last sentence: "I've already made a plan!"?  But just what was that plan, and where had I written it down?  A very good question.  

I searched both blogs.  I searched my Christmas notebook.  Nothing.  No scrap of paper, no plan of any sort.  I certainly hoped I had not entrusted the plan to my aging brain alone.  But the time for the event was drawing closer, and my plan was not surfacing.  I had pretty much decided I would start over and make a new plan.

Until.  I went to pull out a much smaller Christmas notebook which contains our Christmas card list.

It has a plastic spiral binding and that binding had gotten tangled up with the handle of a reusable shopping bag stored on the same shelf.  So I had to work to free the two.  Once I was able to pull out the notebook, two other items came with it.  This was one of them:

Thank You, Lord!  I immediately recognized this as a Christmas mini-miracle.

(I stuck that sticker on it after discovering the plan, to make the paper more easily findable next year.  And of course now it is here on my blog, as well.)

The plan worked well, and here is the proof:



A sweet mini-miracle for sure!


4 comments:

  1. What a "sweet" mini miracle!! I love it when a "plan" comes together! Happy Christmas memories made too!! love it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you found the candy plan. Miracles do happen. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you able to find the orange slices? I have one more place to look... Did you already try Big Lots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found them at Dollar Tree, of all places. They seem to be the same quality as the Hannaford brand I usually use. 😊

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!