Saturday, December 03, 2022

A thoughtful kitchen gift: Cake Spice

 


 In my post about the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffins, I noted that Jocelyn's recipe calls for a homemade Cake Spice mix.  It occurred to me that making up jars of this spice mix might be a great idea for a kitchen gift.  Jocelyn says it can be used in any recipe in place of cinnamon, and that it adds a warm and spicy flavor.  The blend includes equal amounts of allspice, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and star anise.  I don't ordinarily care for anise, but blended with all of the other spices I might not even notice.

Here's the link to Jocelyn's recipe: Homemade Cake Spice.  It can be mixed up quickly and easily and packaged in small jars.  I'm definitely trying this for myself and possibly for a kitchen gift or two as well!

4 comments:

  1. You go first! 😁 Gosh, I keep forgetting about you over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to get to a store that sells spices inexpensively to get some anise before I can try this! 😉

      Delete
  2. Never heard of cake spice but it's a good gift idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess cake spice is a British thing. Sounds good.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!