Monday, December 12, 2022

A fun vintage cookbooklet

 

Looking for a recipe booklet that came with some appliance or other, I was sorting though a kitchen drawer where I keep such things and almost immediately the above booklet caught my eye: Crisco Holiday Favorites, brought to you by Loretta Lynn.  Who could resist pulling it out and taking a closer look?  Certainly not me.

It's not old vintage -- probably from the early 1990s -- but it is fun nonetheless.

Zippy Meatballs look good for an appetizer or buffet.  The Crisco in these is just 2 tablespoons used to fry the meatballs in, so you could easily substitute olive oil or butter to be healthier.
The Cherry Cheese Bars look good if you enjoy cherry pie filling.  I do!  There is no photo of the Chocolate-Filled Bon-Bons, but they are similar to the Hidden Kisses cookies made with a chocolate kiss inside. 
I'm not into chicken wings, and these sound pretty basic and even bland.  But the Holiday Appetizer Quiche looks scrumptious, with plenty of meat and cheese in addition to eggs.  This would also make a nice dish for Christmas breakfast or brunch!  It bakes in a 10x15 jelly roll pan, so it makes a lot of servings.

Doesn't this cheesecake look yummy?  It can be topped with any fruit.

The cookies below look wonderful.  Quintessential Christmas cookies.  The spritz can be made in any shape.  Again, a pretty basic recipe but isn't it fun to see what one can do with a cookie press?  And the coconut thumbprints have such a festive look!


And there you have it.  I think the recipes are probably clear enough so you could cook from them if you chose to.  (If not, double-clicking on the photos could help.)  What would you make from this booklet?

4 comments:

  1. I love that this cookbook is affiliated with Loretta Lynn! I think I remember her being in Crisco commercials years ago. I would probably make the coconut thumbprints. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look good, don't they? So very festive in their shades of red, green, and white!

      Delete
  2. Those all look yummy!! I love those fun little cookbooks and used to have some, but I think I've eliminated a lot of them over the years if I didn't use them. Thank you for sharing this. It gives me some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so good to eliminate a stash these over the years. I just haven't been able to bring myself to do so. Now that I'm selling a few, I'll probably move forward with selling more.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!