Friday, December 23, 2022

A few hours of Christmas crafting

 

Last Thursday my local daughter and I made plans for an afternoon of Christmas crafting.  Due to circumstances, it morphed into just a few hours, but we did have a lovely time.

We gathered our supplies and settled in at her dining area table.  We had two crafts in mind: paper bag snowflakes and Christmas tree tassel garlands.  Carrie had already made a couple of the brown paper snowflakes and I brought along some white lunch bags to try some white ones.

We had seen this delightful garland on our friend Allison's Instagram last year:

 And Carrie had learned that Allison used this tutorial: DIY Tassel Christmas Tree Garland from The Beetique.  So she had obtained yarn and beads and had cut squares of cardboard for winding the tassels.  It was a fun and easy project.  

Here is Carrie's garland, hung from the bottom of her printer's tray:


 And a closer look:

 And here is mine, hung over a curtain:



 You can see that they differ a little from one another.  And the only problem with my curtain location is that I will eventually want to make 3 more garlands for the other three windows.  But they're easy enough.

We never did get around to making the paper bag snowflakes, but those will be in season all winter, so there will still be time for that!

2 comments:

  1. Cute Christmas tree garland! And quality time with your local daughter. Fun activities for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garland is sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!