Saturday, December 17, 2022

An old favorite Christmas card

 


 I'm updating an old post here, from 2008.  It's another of those with no comments, so it will be new to many of my current readers.

Today I thought I would share another of my favorite Christmas cards. This one features a painting by Vermont artist Fred Swan. The painting is called "Walking to Town" and I just love it. It's one of those paintings one could just get lost in. You can almost feel the cold New England air and feel the falling snow. And oh, that village and church steeple in the distance!  My hubby and I took a walk in falling snow on just such a night, and it was truly like walking in a snow globe.

  Happily, "Walking to Town" has been made into a jigsaw puzzle, and my wonderful friend Judy gifted me with it one year.  What a delight!

Even more happily, this gorgeous painting also been made into a counted cross-stitch kit, and I own the kit! One of these winters, I'll get the stitching done [It's on 18-count black Aida -- gulp!] and keep "Walking to Town" on my wall all year round.  Maybe this winter!


2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! I love the imagery in this painting. I can see why you love it so much. Be sure to let us know when you get the cross-stitch done! The puzzle would be nice too! And literally taking that walk in the fresh snow would be delightful! Enjoy it for me, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw that scene just now, like you, I felt like I was there and could feel the chill in the air and watch the snow falling, thinking of how I was dressed for the night walk. It spoke to me! Thank you for sharing it! Your cross stitch project sounds like a perfect winter project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!