Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Glorious garlands part 3

 


 Here are a couple more ideas from the Glorious Garlands booklet I found in a Family Circle magazine from 1999.  As mentioned previously, it's so hard to think of this as vintage ... but it is!  25 years ago is vintage by any standard.

Today I'll share ideas from page 3.  These can easily be made using a faux garland rather than the real thing, which you would obviously want to do if you are making these now, in summer.

One is an angel wings garland ...

This is made by attaching a string of lights to a white pine garland and then attaching purchased pairs of gossamer wings, and halos made of chenille stems, to the garland in such a way that the lights glow through the filmy wings.  

I think I would just buy a pre-lighted faux pine garland and I think for halos, if I chose to use them, I might get some gold or white rings like the type used for cafe curtains.

The other is a seashell garland.

How perfect for summer, really.  If you pick up shells on your vacation you could use them for this.  (Although, if you do this, I highly recommend soaking them in water with some bleach added, then letting them dry in the sun, just to kill any odors.)  Or you could just buy a bag or basket of shells which would be all ready to use.  It's suggested to use a boxwood garland for this one.  I've seen some nice looking faux ones on Amazon for under $14.

Hope one of these garlands sparks some Christmas inspiration for you!

2 comments:

  1. Great ideal for all those vacation shells people collect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the angel wings one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!