Wednesday, July 17, 2024

More glorious garlands

 


Here are a couple more glorious garlands from the little Family Circle booklet from December 1999.

 
These are made without greenery and include a fancy fabric garland --

This one is made by cutting fabric scraps into strips that are 2" by 7", then tying them to a length of cotton cord , working outward from the middle toward either end.  This one reminds me of rag garlands I used to make back in the day.  The pictured garland seems to include some metallic fabrics and maybe even some tulle, making it much fancier than rag garlands.  This also suggests making a garland for a child's room, using alternating red and white strips of fabric to resemble a candy cane.

-- and here's a sparkling stars garland. 

 For this garland, it's suggested to spray-paint wooden stars and a lightweight length of chain in gold and silver glitter paint.  (I didn't even know this came in a spray paint.)  Then if necessary one could drill holes in the stars and use wire to attach them to the chain.

I think I might try this one by making stars out of cardboard and painting with metallic paint, then maybe even adding glitter.  They could be glued to a length of metallic ribbon. 

Since these two garlands don't involve greenery, they would be ideal to make now, during the summer.  Have fun with these ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I like the star garland... and I've always wanted to make a rag one

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!