Monday, July 15, 2024

A festive Christmas cookie recipe to try!

 


It's hard to think of a more festive flavor combination than dark chocolate and peppermint, though I'm sure there could be many other contenders for the "festive flavors" category.  I had saved the link for these fabulous Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies -- a 2020 post by Olivia at Liv for Cake.

I was picturing traditional candy cane cookies only dark chocolate, and trying to think what that would look like, though I thought the taste would be amazing.  

Well, these are actually a round dark chocolate crinkle cookie (the recipe calls for them to be scooped with a cookie scoop, but as regular readers know I prefer to shape cookies into balls instead of scooping).  The baked cookies are dipped in melted white chocolate, then sprinkled with crushed or chopped candy canes.  

Aren't they beautiful!?   I love the way she has tied them up with red and white twine.

Photo by Liv for Cake

They would make a gorgeous addition to my cookie trays!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!