Saturday, July 27, 2024

More festive fabric -- Christmas in the Cabin

 


The photo above was not taken at Christmas, but in September 2012.  Much of our family, including six adults and nine children, had gone up north for a getaway to a log cabin on a lake.  Since most of us are not together at Christmas, we had a mini Christmas while we were together.  Prior to our trip, we drew names and bought dollar store gifts, which we exchanged on one of the nights.  This photo, taken from outside the Loon's Nest cabin,  seems the perfect one for Christmas in the Cabin

It's a really fun Christmas fabric line!  I love the retro colors on this one.  Christmas in the Cabin is by AGF for Art Gallery Fabrics.  

This is the description of the collection:

"Transport yourself to a winter wonderland reminiscent of the 1940s, where holiday charm meets retro flair. Christmas in the Cabin by AGF Studio invites you to stitch together nostalgic memories weaving warmth and cheer into every project. With patterns as timeless as a cup of cocoa by the fireplace, your creations will be wrapped in the festive magic of yesteryears!"

Here are some of my favorites:

The one above is called Yuletide Blossoms.  I love that it includes orange slices!

This one is Mugfuls of Joy.  Love this one!

Above is my favorite of the bunch!  Such a perfect retro look!

Above is Jingle All the Way!  Love this one too!

Above is Holiday Bound.  Cute design!

What would you make with this fabric?  I would love to make some place mats, cloth napkins, and/or mug rugs!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that photo inside the cabin! That is so beautiful, and the kind of place I "DEERLY" wish I could have someday! And I love the fabrics, especially the one with all the cabins/chalets on them. The one with the cars/trucks and Christmas trees, etc. is really cute too. I see some others in the sample wreath that I might like as well. Thank you for sharing this with us. What would I make? Hmmm, placemats would be nice, with mug rugs, cloth napkins, yes, all of the above! I love that idea! Can you still find that fabric anywhere? I don't do much sewing anymore because I need a better machine, but this could be such a fun project. Oh, a table runner too!! And maybe a wreath! You've got my creative juices running on this one! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun a cabin would be to celebrate Christmas at!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!