Tuesday, July 23, 2024

A sweet vintage Christmas card -- "A Happy Christmas Wish"

 


I recently came upon this card front as I was going through items to list on Etsy.  This is only a card front, so I won't try to sell it.  In fact, it has already found its way into a package winging its way to a buyer, as a fun little extra she is sure to enjoy.  But first I had to scan it for my own use, because I love this scene so much.

The aqua color is stunning!  I've noticed that Christmas cards in this color often sell quite well in the shop.  I guess other people must be drawn to them too.  The snowy scene on this aqua background is just gorgeous, with snow-covered evergreens, a few darker trees, and a lighted house and church.  Behind the buildings is just the suggestion of a snow-covered hill or small mountain.

Up in the corner is a pretty pair of bells in red, gold, and magenta.  I wouldn't have necessarily thought to put those colors together, but they absolutely work!  They are topped with pink and red berries, holly in shades of green and gray, and some frosty white pine sprigs.  

A suggestion of softly falling snow completes this beautiful scene.  I love vintage Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the vintage old New England style churches set in a snowy village for Christmas cards. Even though we live in Florida, I often gravitate towards this type of Christmas scene on the cards I send. This one is so lovely! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old churches on these cards. I'm thinking of making a painted church for ornaments next year

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!