Monday, July 29, 2024

A lovely untitled poem from a vintage Ideals



 I thought I would share one more poem for Christmas in July.  This is one that I found in the front of the 1980 Christmas Ideals magazine pictured above.  It appears to be untitled, but the author is Helen Shick.  Here it is:

May the peace and love of Jesus Christ
    Go with you on your way,
And bless your home and loved ones
    In spirit Christmas Day.

May the joy of God's bright promise --
    The Advent of His Son --
Live evermore within each heart
    And comfort everyone.

May the faith of old-time prophets
    Be with you where you are.
And may the truth of God's own Word
    Remain your Christmas Star.
-- Helen Shick

I especially like the first stanza and think it would be a wonderful message inside a Christmas card.  I like the last lines also: "May the truth of God's own Word remain your Christmas star."  Giving light and guidance to one's path, it seems to me.

The illustration that is with the poem in the magazine is black and white, but it closely resembles this 1950s vintage Christmas card:

Hope you have enjoyed this lovely, meaningful poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!