Sunday, July 14, 2024

A fun vintage ad

 


 Now I have to admit I have never, ever thought along the lines of silverware as a Christmas gift.  I guess maybe for an adult child or something?  Or possibly a gift from parents or grandparents to a newly married couple?

But apparently some advertising genius back in the day did think along these lines, because look at this: A Christmas tree showcasing silver (or more likely, stainless) teaspoons!  

The pattern names that I can see are Lasting Rose, Chateau, Shasta, Textura, Tempo, and Cantata.

For fun, and to learn more, I did a search for Lasting Rose stainless and found that it was indeed an Oneida product -- Oneidacraft Deluxe Stainless Flatware.  Nearly an entire set sold on Etsy for $149.  It is vintage from the 1960s.  So if Lasting Rose is Oneida Stainless, the other patterns are too.  

I could research this topic quite a bit more, but will just share this fun advertisement for today.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!