Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Another lovely vintage Christmas card

 


 This is a recently discovered vintage card that will be listed in my Etsy shop.  I thought it was so pretty, with its unmistakable vintage pastel Christmas look.  I'm guessing it's from the 1960s.  Made of a classic parchment type paper, the bottom and right edges are deckled with a scalloped look.  Front and center in the design is a lighted lantern with the suggestion of a dark red candle inside.  It's centered slantwise against a gorgeous soft green background that I just love.  

 Tied atop the lantern there's a bow made of unusual ribbon: one side appears to be a muted teal, and the inside a pinky mauve.  Holly leaves, white and teal snowflakes, and more leaves in dark mauve surround the lantern.  Soft lantern light spills out across the design.  Iridescent white glitter adds sparkle to the design.

Inside the card is the exact same illustration made smaller, with no glitter.  


Below it is a sweet bit of verse: "Softly the lantern sheds its light, A joyful beacon through the night."  

 

The message, in a lovely vintage handwriting font, reads, "Warmly wishing you all the joys Of the Christmas Season and a very Happy New Year."  There is a signature in blue ink.

Isn't this just the loveliest card?  Beautiful cards are being made today, but I don't think they hold a candle to the older ones like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!