Friday, July 12, 2024

A potential Christmas cookie recipe to try -- Eggnog Cheesecake Crumble Bars

 

I wonder if this Christmas bottle cap was originally intended for a bottle of eggnog?

This fun 1994 milk bottle did hold eggnog.

Always during Christmas in July I try to find at least one new recipe to try out for the upcoming Christmas season.  Sometimes it's a snack or beverage mix for a kitchen gift, or a new possibility for Christmas breakfast.  Probably most often though, it's a Christmas cookie recipe -- something new for the cookie trays.

I've mentioned before about the wonderful baking recipes I've often found at Inside BruCrew Life, where Jocelyn shares recipes she has created.  She has never steered me wrong.

Eggnog always says "Christmas" to me, and I have had this recipe for Eggnog Cheesecake Crumble Bars saved for quite some time.  

It looks nice and easy.  I never buy cake mixes anymore, but for this I might do so.  Or, I could make up an easy cake mix substitute which basically calls for sifting some dry ingredients together.  I would also omit the rum extract because I just don't care for it.  I would most likely substitute vanilla.

Photo from Inside BruCrew Life
 
If we get a cool day that would be conducive to baking during this summer, I think these bars would be fun to try.  They'd be good with a mug of coffee or even a glass of iced coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I am not an Eggnog fan but several in family are so might give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like eggnog but nobody else in the family does. looks good

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!