Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmasy goals for this week


From a childhood Little Golden Book
I still have a few Christmasy goals to accomplish, mostly crafting but a few kitchen tasks as well. 

Yesterday I finished up some gluten free sacher torte cookies (just a few) for myself and dipped another bag of orange slices.  Also made up some cinnamon pretzels and packaged some homemade hot chocolate mix.

The last of the Christmas packages went out yesterday, though I do have a couple of New Year packages I will be sending.  I think the last of the cards went into the mail this morning.  I think we are pretty much done with Christmas baking, too, although one never knows.  There is one kind of fudge we're running low on as we included it in packages and a gift basket, so Mr. T may be making more of that.

This morning I did a bit more decorating, and do have just a bit more of that to do.  I'd like to decorate the porch a little bit more too.  Or maybe the lighted wreath will suffice!

So my goals for this week include:

* Putting the finishing touches on three small gifts
* Wrapping the rest of the gifts
* Possibly sending a few more cards
* Preparing Christmas Eve supper
* Straightening up the house, spiffing up bathrooms, etc.
* Planning and preparing a nice Christmas breakfast
* Preparing Christmas dinner
* Celebrating with family and friends!

5 comments:

  1. Jane/jane@mrstidy.net12:30 PM

    I made your chocolate dipped orange slices and they are as good as you said.

    Your baking lists inspired me to do more baking this year for cookie plates for the neighbors. I'm delivering them today.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope they appreciate all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Jane!

    Yes, aren't those chocolate dipped orange slices simply amazing? And so easy, too.

    Wow -- I'm glad you were inspired by my baking lists! I'm sure your neighbors will enjoy the cookie plates!

    Actually, my hubby did at least half the baking. He had a couple of days off due to wet weather (he's in the forest industry) so spent a good bit of time in the kitchen on those days. One of my granddaughters (age 11) helped quite a bit with the baking too. I don't do it all by myself!

    I'm off to see about finishing up a couple of gifts and doing some more wrapping. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I have really enjoyed your blog this season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have enjoyed it, Terri! If you haven't visited my regular blog, Across my Kitchen Table (link in sidebar) you might want to visit there as well. I have been posting there all through December as well, different posts than here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!