Sunday, December 28, 2014

Our newest lighted house


This shows the base of our tree with some of the lighted houses around it.
For quite a few years we would buy the Christmas lighted houses when we could find them on clearance.  We didn't (and don't) buy the expensive villages like Dept. 56, but just inexpensive houses from Jo-Ann Fabrics and other places.  We just like to set up a few of the houses under our Christmas tree.  Later, after we take the tree down, we will leave the houses up for most of the winter.  They add a cheery and wintry glow!

Last spring when we were in Nevada, our daughter and son-in-law gave us an early (or late, depending on how you look at it): a new lighted house for our collection.  It's a dog bone bakery!
I think you can click on the picture to enlarge it and see the details.
Mr. T has sort of a collection of dog-themed items that various friends have given him over the years.  Our family thought this bakery was a perfect fit for him.  It certainly is an unusual and fun addition to our collection of lighted houses!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I know someone who would love a dog-bone bakery Christmas house. How great is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it? I had never seen one like it before. Worth taking back on the plane as one of our "personal items" in its own tote bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!