Friday, December 19, 2014

A new-to-me Christmas candy -- Chocolate Dipped Orange Slices


photo pinned from Christmas Tree Lane
Awhile ago, I spied the above photo on my blog friend Terri's site, Christmas Tree Lane.  Terri had labeled it as a candy recipe she wanted to try in 2014.  I pinned it to my Kitchen Gifts Pinterest board and temporarily forgot about it until I noticed that a real-life friend of mine had repinned it.  That's when I thought, "Oh, yes -- I need to try making those."  So last Saturday, when we were out and about with some of the grandkids, I picked up a bag of the orange slice candy at Family Dollar.

I didn't see a recipe on Terri's site, though I may have missed it.  I did a very brief Google search and came up with this recipe: chocolate dipped orange smiles at Heritage Recipes.
Photo from Heritage Recipes
 The other morning before heading to an appointment, I tried the recipe using the bag of candy I had bought.

Oh, my, were those good!  Everyone who's recently been at my house and has tried this candy has enjoyed it very much indeed.  After trying these last Tuesday morning, I had another appointment in the afternoon.  You can be sure that on the way home, I stopped by the grocery store and picked up two more bags of orange slice candy!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Yum - chocolate and orange is a winning combination!
    You might want to give some thought to making candied orange peel - plain or dipped in chocolate - for next Christmas. It's not complicated and it's a pretty nice treat from something you would just otherwise throw away.
    I'm enjoying reading all you Christmas posts!
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea, Les! When I was a child I remember visiting friends and the older daughters of the family (probably teens at the time)were making candied orange peel, so it couldn't have been too difficult. Actually, in my search for this recipe, I encountered a couple of recipes for chocolate dipped candied orange peel. I will think about trying that for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Thanks for sharing my blog! I loved seeing it! No recipe, I just dipped those orange slices into good melting chocolate and that was it! They are yummy, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome, Terri! It was a pleasure to share your blog! Thank YOU for sharing the photo and idea! This will be going into my Christmas notebook as a permanent "must-make" for Christmas every year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!