Monday, December 01, 2014

Getting started!

Vintage card from my collection
Well, I have just gotten all of the fall decor down (quite a feat!) and have begun to decorate for Christmas.  I have a long way to go; just got out items I could easily get at in a closet, hutch and corner cupboard and put them out so that things don't look bare and empty; just lightly decorated!  I didn't take pictures yet, but a few of the items I did put out are familiar ones that I have photos of from years gone by, so will just show a couple older pics.
This milk bottle filled with salt and candy canes is always part of my decor
I have added many of these same items to the hutch again this year.
Most of my Christmas and winter decor is in the attic and requires Mr. T's assistance.  He will help me as time allows, but I needed to get a start now that November is officially over.

It's a good feeling to have fall put away (although I always hate doing that because I like the warm cozy feeling it gives the house with all of the warm reds, oranges, yellows and browns) and to have things looking a bit more December-ish!

4 comments:

  1. Got all mine up last week. Such a chore, but SO worth it!

    I'm with you on the Fall stuff; makes the house look so cozy, and I generally don't even like warm colors. But so perfect come Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you here again, Ian's Girl! I hope you are browsing the archives. Lots of fun stuff there.

    So true about the fall stuff. I also like that one can put it up in September and it's good for three months!

    I have tons more decorating to do, but it's a great feeling to have it started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. since in Canada our Thanksgiving was in October I had a headstart on Christmas. This year was early... Nov. 15th! All done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Luludou, that is great! Good for you!

    I must admit, though, I like having Thanksgiving in November.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!