1. A lovely Christmas party at my hubby's work last week, with the added component of celebrating his retirement. Scrumptious food and good company. He received several thoughtful and generous gifts as well.
2. The fun of sharing some of my collected vintage images with a fellow blogger who'll be using them in a book project.
3. Being able to get out and walk every day this week. Some of the days were cold, but it was still good to get out.
4. This little girl in Nevada turned 4 years old yesterday! Wish we got to see her more often, but with retirement on the horizon for my hubby, maybe we will get to see her a bit more frequently.
5. The fun of hosting a simple cookie swap here at my home last evening. It was a very small group of ladies that gathered, but we did have a good time. I had asked everyone to bring a "sweet thought" in addition to their cookies and other goodies. I suggested a memory, a testimony, a Scripture verse -- really, any sweet thought Everyone took part, and a good many of the thoughts were from Scripture. It was very interesting to see what they all came up with.
|Not our cookie swap. This is a photo from a 1950s magazine.|