Sunday, December 29, 2019

The past few days


Festivity of one sort or another has continued over the past few days. 

On Thursday evening we had our dear young friends Sam and Jennifer and their boys here for supper and to exchange simple gifts.  Knowing they had been with family for Christmas on Wednesday and a birthday celebration on Thursday (and had been eating a lot), I planned what some of my grandkids call a "snacking supper" -- including chex mix, cheese log and crackers, little smokies in barbecue sauce, and antipasto squares, along with mulled cranberry orange juice.   We had a cookie and fudge tray for dessert.  This turned out to be the perfect menu and Mr. T and I are still enjoying some of the components.

Friday evening we did a bit of grocery shopping at Walmart and checked the Christmas clearance.  All I bought was a pack of Christmas cards.

Saturday late afternoon Mr. T suggested decaf coffee and a doughnut at a favorite local spot.  We relaxed and chatted by the fireplace while enjoying our snack.  Then we did a bit of clearance shopping at Marshalls and I found some great deals which I will hopefully blog about tomorrow.  When we got home, we decided it would be fun to watch It's a Wonderful Life, which we hadn't found time for on Christmas.  We also opened the very last of our Christmas packages.

Sunday was, of course, church -- good messages and good fellowship.  In the afternoon we visited with our friend Terry and enjoyed fabulous turkey soup she made from her Christmas turkey.  For dessert she served a homemade Black Forest cake left over from Christmas dinner.  Scrumptious and we enjoyed every bite!  On the way home we took a short detour to Ocean State Job Lot and shopped their Christmas clearance as well.  I'll hopefully blog tomorrow about those deals as well.
We took Terry a small container of these.  She loves lemon!
That's been our past few days ... still some festive fun going on!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!