Friday, July 15, 2022

A pretty Christmas ornament to make

 

I simply love shiny Christmas ornaments!  Well, I love Christmas ornaments of almost any kind (there are exceptions), but those in this photo happen to be shiny and they're two of my favorites.  The red glass ball with its scene of a church and "Silent Night" is old, from my childhood.  The red truck is a Tractor Supply after-Christmas bargain from a few years ago.

Even more fun is when I find an ornament I can make that is as nice, or nicer, than a purchased one.   I've had this one on my list of potential Christmas in July posts for awhile: it's a Snowy Forest Glitter Ball Ornament from Kimberly at Serendipity Refined.  

Photo from Serendipity Refined
The materials for this Christmas ball could not be simpler: just a gold glass Christmas ball, glue, gold glitter, and white glitter.  You draw a design on the ball with glue, sprinkle with glitter, and let dry.

Just imagine how this pretty design will sparkle in your tree lights!  I think it would be lovely done in green, too, or maybe another color.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful ornament, and yes, it does look easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt that anything I drew in glue would look quite that lovely! 😁

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!