Friday, July 01, 2022

Welcome to Christmas in July!

 

Yes, indeed, welcome to Christmas in July at my Christmas kitchen!  Again this year I am swinging open the door to the Christmas kitchen every day through the month of July.  I have been doing this every July since 2012.  That first year I guess I only managed 24 posts, but in subsequent years it appears that I've  done 31 each July.

I'm hoping, as usual,  to share poems, recipes, crafts, ornaments, gift ideas and much more.  I'm going to start by sharing a simple recipe for an easy festive no-bake cookie that you could make right away if you happen to have purchased fig bars in the house.  I've posted this recipe before, but as  far as I can tell, it was in 2007 and there were no comments on it, so I'm guessing most of my current readers will not have seen it.  

FANCY FIG COOKIES

These start with purchased fig bars (like Fig Newtons®). Cut the bars in half lengthwise to make sticks, or in half diagonally to make triangles. Dip the pieces in melted chocolate, then in chopped nuts. Place on foil-lined baking sheets and chill until chocolate is set.

I like to make them triangle shaped and would tend to use chopped walnuts to dip them in, though I'm thinking pistachios would be very pretty too.  They look so fancy.

What a perfect Christmas cookie to try in July!  No baking, just chilling, and wouldn't they be nice with a glass of iced coffee or iced tea?

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm looking forward to reading your 2022 CIJ posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:11 PM

    I am also looking forward to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those sound delicious and so easy. Just the way I like to bake.

    I was so tickled just now when I came to and realized there would be two posts here. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was a treat for you, Vee! Hope you try the cookies and that you'll enjoy them! 😉

      Delete
  4. So glad youa re back to posting for CIJ!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!