Monday, July 11, 2022

Christmas pastels

 


At intervals over the years pastel colors have often been very popular at Christmas time.  I know I've written a little about this in the past, back when I only owned a couple of cards in this category.  Last December on my Kitchen Table blog I wrote a post about it.  This one will feature different cards (except for one), so I hope it's not too repetitive for anyone.

I tend to prefer traditional colors of red and green, along with gold and silver, in my own Christmas decorating, and I love an eclectic tree with all kinds of different colors for our main Christmas tree.  

But as I've looked at and handled the lovely pastel cards of yesteryear,  I must admit to having fallen in love with some of them.  Pastels are so pretty with holly, pine sprigs, and mistletoe.

Isn't the card at the top of the post so much fun, with all of its sweet pastels?  That one has already sold in my Etsy shop.  Here are a few more:

Such pretty green trees and sky!

Isn't she sweet?
Look at that pastel window garland!


I couldn't resist sharing this one again.  It's one of my very favorites!

Pastel hurricane lamp

A whimsical pastel angel

Church in a pastel green setting

Pretty pastel Christmas balls

What do you think?  Would you use pastels in your Christmas decorating, or would you leave them in the 1950s and early 1960s?  I love them, but they don't really "go" in my house.

4 comments:

  1. It's a cyclical thing, isn't it? I can remember wanting to decorate with less traditional colors, but it wouldn't work well in my home either. My favorite is the church all nestled in for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the pastels, especially when they're in 50s style decor. I do not like the more recent trend of very bright "pastel" colors. Bright pink, etc. I do have a few that I use together, but not many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more traditional too but I do love how the pastel looks in vintage cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all the pastel cards you shared here, as well as the rich red and green in the design of your blog format. You have beautiful taste, no matter what color scheme you are using.

    A couple of years ago I left my red and green Christmas decor packed into a box and decorated with aqua, silver, white, and some pink. It was lovely.

    Then this past Christmas I bought a short tree (3.5 feet tall) that was already decorated with snow, ice crystals, and red holly berries. No other decor (I may have topped it with a star, not sure). Extremely simple and fitting for the huge changes that have come into my life. I may stick with that again this year. It allows me to focus on other aspects of Christmas, and for me, that's a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!