Sunday, July 31, 2022

One more fudge recipe -- Samoa Fudge

 


 It was a difficult choice trying to decide what to share for my final Christmas in July post this year.  I finally decided to share one last fudge recipe.  

But first, a word about the vintage advertisement at the top of the page.  It's from a 1958 Woman's Day magazine.  I've been going through some of my stash and scanning particularly fun ads.  I couldn't resist this one, particularly since my grandmother made 5-Minute Fudge every Christmas.  I will likely end up tossing these older magazines, even though I love them.  The stories and decorating ideas are still good, but the pages are so brittle! We will see, however.

Now for today's fudge recipe.  It's for Samoa Fudge and it is from Aimee at Shugary Sweets.  It's a spin on the flavor of the Girl Scout cookies called Samoas.  It combines chocolate, coconut, and caramel flavors.  Samoas are my hands-down favorite of Girl Scout cookies, so I am eager to try this fudge recipe.

Photo by Shugary Sweets

I hope you will enjoy this fudge if you try it.  I surely intend to do so.

Thanks to all who have spent time with me here in my Christmas kitchen this July.  It's been fun!

6 comments:

  1. Not only sounds yummy, but pretty to look at too! I've enjoyed your posts and look forward to seeing you, well, reading you, as the holidays approach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm beginning to think about December posts!

      Delete
  2. Oh how delicious looking is that?! I like Samoas Girl Scout cookies, but my personal favorites are Thin Mints. If you come up with that fudge, I'm sunk. I have an attic full of old magazines that my grandmother saved. (I have a trunk filled with the Country Living magazines I saved.) It would be very hard to toss them out. Do your granddaughters enjoy looking at them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The granddaughters enjoy seeing the vintage ads for sure. I think they like my stash of Victoria magazines more than Country Living or any others.

      I'll be on the lookout for thin mint fudge!

      Delete
  3. These look very festive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they? Very attractive fudge.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!