Friday, July 22, 2022

Pastel vintage style ornaments to make yourself!

 




 I was mentioning earlier this month about how pastels were in vogue for Christmas a few decades ago.  Vee mentioned, rightly, that it's a cyclical thing.  What is "in" for decorating seems to come and go every few years.  It's the same with clothing styles. 

 I am drawn to the vintage Christmas pastels and have occasionally done entire small trees in pastels.  I am also drawn to ornaments with little scenes peeking out from inside.  So when I saw these DIY Vintage-Style Ornaments from Michelle at The Scrap Shoppe,  I was pretty much smitten.

Photo by Michele at The Scrap Shoppe

Michele made these by painting clear plastic ornaments with a front opening.  As you will see when you read the tutorial, these can be found at Amazon, under $20 for a dozen of them.  She dresses up inexpensive bottle brush trees with little pearls, to place inside.  (Now, why have I never thought of doing this?  I have bottle brush trees on hand and I have sweet pastel pearls on hand from a project years ago.  I also own several high-end bottle brush trees with pearls on them.  No idea why I have never thought of making my own!)

These are so sweet!  If I can part with $20 for some of the ornaments, I will plan to make some this year!

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I have a supply of bottle trees too. Never thought of dressing them up, but this may be the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True enough...$20 is not as easy to come by as it once was. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not into pastel but I must admit thes ornaments are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!