Wednesday, December 27, 2023

A simple little craft

 


 Scripture verse cards on particular topics seem to be quite popular these days.  I own a couple of sets myself, one that I purchased and one that was gifted me.  You can see a collection of them here: verse cards.  

One set of cards that I was gifted came with a little wooden stand to display the individual cards in.  I could see that this would be especially helpful if one was trying to memorize a verse.  The ones from Daily Grace don't seem to offer a stand as an option.

I was planning to gift a set of the Stand Firm cards to friends to accompany the matching Bible studies.  I really wanted to include a simple little stand.

One day in my craft room I happened upon a bag of wood slices with a slot in each one ... my hubby had made these for me years ago to use in a VBS craft.  Inspiration struck.  I tested a card in the slot and yes, it fit.  

So I embellished the wood slice just a bit with some simple trims:

I'm so pleased with how this little project turned out!  I will be making more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!