Sunday, December 17, 2023

Sunday Scripture

 


As mentioned, I'm doing special Christmas related Sunday Scripture posts throughout December again this year.  Back in 2020 I had worked through Peace, Be Still: A 31-Day Christmas prayer journal, from Women Living Well.  Last year, I used some of my simple study from this book as Scripture posts for December.  I have decided to do so again this year, using different posts on each of my blogs to keep it interesting for all of my readers.  I will take two from each week's study to use one each on my blogs, and maybe next December use more of them.

Also -- note that this simple study does not use the SOAP method as my studies usually do.  This one includes a verse for the day, a thought for the day,  a reflection question for the day and space to write a prayer for each day.  I tended to look at the verse a little bit in depth, and I tended to answer the reflection question in the prayer, but of course you can use these any way you want to. I hope perhaps some of you will want to study out these verses in more depth for yourselves.

Here goes with the study for Week 2, Day 11! 

Verses for the day:

"Then said Jesus unto His disciples, Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall with difficulty enter into the kingdom of God.

"When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who, then, can be saved?

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible."  (Matthew 19:23-26)

My study:  

Here are some cross-references: 

"I prayed unto the LORD, saying, Ah, Lord GOD!   Behold, Thou hast made the heaven and the earth by Thy great power and outstretched arm, and there is nothing too hard for Thee."  (Jeremiah 32:17)

"Is anything too hard for the LORD?"  (Genesis 18:14)

"And the LORD said unto Moses, Is the LORD's hand become short?  Thou shalt see now whether My word shall come to pass unto thee, or not."  Numbers 11:23)

"Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear."  (Isaiah 59:1)

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is there any thing too hard for Me?"  (Jeremiah 32:27)

Reflection question:

In what area do you need to trust God more?

I wrote:

We're at a difficult point in history.  It's an exciting (yet occasionally terrifying) time to be alive. We are asking God for divine intervention in our country's difficult situation and to save us from totalitarianism.  We're also asking Him to intervene in the drastic measures that are threatening our way of life.  He is the only One who can turn this situation around.  I trust God completely to do what's best.  That said, I'm far from perfect and I'm sure there are a number of areas in which I could trust Him more.

My prayer:

"Dear God, I am so incredibly thankful that with You, all things are possible.  I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that there is nothing -- NOTHING -- too hard for You.  There is no doubt in my mind that You could change our situation in a moment with just a word.  The poor handling of many issues is destroying the fabric of our society, of all that is good about our land.  Lord, You know we are facing even harder times if You don't intervene.  I pray that You will.  Nevertheless, not our will but Yours be done, I pray in Jesus' name, Amen."

And that's the Sunday Scripture for the day.  Hope it was a blessing to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!