Saturday, December 16, 2023

A new to us cookie recipe

 


 I saw these amazing-looking cookies on Instagram and had to try them: Gingerbread Coffee Cake Cookies.  Back when we made up the tentative cookie list, these were not even on my radar.  But Mr. T (who now does almost all of the Christmas cookie baking) had expressed the thought that he would like to add one or two new recipes to his repertoire this year.  So I added on my old favorite Pepparkakor, but I will be baking those since they are cut-out cookies, which he has never tackled.  

I thought he could handle the Double-Drizzled Pecan Cookies, the Peppermint Snowballs, the Gingerbread Brownies (all recipes made by me in the past) and the Chocolate-Dipped Maple Logs which had been on my want-to-try list for years.  Only I ended up making those myself for a cookie swap.  And were they good!

But back to the Gingerbread Coffee Cake Cookies from The Palatable Life.  Mr. T hasn't gotten to my other suggested cookies yet, but he wanted to try these.  They do look delicious and different -- round gingerbread cookies with a streusel topping and vanilla glaze.

Photo from The Palatable Life
 
He tweaked the recipe a bit.  Added a tad more flour to make the dough less sticky.  He also wanted to make them much smaller than the recipe said and he ended up with about 4 dozen from a batch.  He found that the best way to make an indentation in the cookie top (to hold the streusel topping) was to use a large round plastic measuring tablespoon.  

And because he ended up with so many more cookies, he did have to make about twice the amount of glaze in order to have enough to drizzle on all of them.

This is a very delectable cookie.  Mr. T proclaims it "a new favorite"!

1 comment:

  1. My husband is starting to try out a few recipes too. This year he tried donuts.. hoping he cand o more next year

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!