Saturday, December 30, 2023

A festive dishcloth

 

 Well, really, why shouldn't one have a festive dishcloth or two?

This pattern, by Dori at The Red Feedsack, has become my new favorite.  If you follow the link to Dori's blog, you will see that her dishcloths are mostly in solid colors.  I really like that better -- it has a simplicity that I really love -- but I have made many with variegated yarn because I have odds and ends of that to use up.

I've also found that if I keep up with laundering dishcloths on a very regular basis, i.e. light colors with light laundry, darker colors with dark,  I don't need to use bleach to feel that they are clean and thus, the colors are not much diminished, although they do fade ever so slightly with each wash.

This Christmas season I wanted a simple project to have in my bag if I was stuck waiting somewhere or for quiet evening moments at our cottage.  I decided to work on dishcloths in red and green.  I had several partial skeins of the Christmas variegated yarn and decided to use that for the edging.

This red one is the only dishcloth I managed to finish, but I'm happy with how it turned out and have started a green one as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my Christmas kitchen! I love company here in my kitchen all year round, so please leave a comment so I'll know you visited. I will answer any questions and comments here on the blog, so be sure and check "notify me" to see replies. God bless your day!